Monday, August 10, 2009

article- stop drawing anime

This is an article about the right way to learn about art and how you become your style, not copy a style. one must start from the beginning: learn from life before abstracting your work. follow the same path as the great artists, don't copy them. let their path guide you into your own style, which you will find if you do it the right way.

as for me, i have been drawing and sketching my whole life. before i was in art classes in grade school, i already had a sketch book. i was board of drawing make believe bunnies that didn't quite resemble the real thing, so i started drawing my hands, my feet, my legs, my arms, my lower half of my body in my bed, the lower half of my body in my bed with the view from my eyes as i pan around the room.

a progression. a composition of pieces. you start simple, and make it more complex... or you take the complex, and make it simple--- which is harder in a sense, because how much can you take away before losing what it is exactly?

but this article is neat and i think any artist that is stuck should read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment