Saturday, August 8, 2009

some great quotes by incredible and inspirational artists



O great creator of being grant us one more hour to perform our art and perfect our lives.
::: jim morrison

I like any reaction I can get with my music. Just anything to get people to think. I mean if you can get a whole room full of drunk, stoned people to actually wake up and think, you're doing something.
::: jim morrison
Whoever controls the media, controls the mind.
::: jim morrison



I try to use my music to move these people to act.
::: jimi hendrix
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to.
::: jimi hendrix


People need to be made more aware of the need to work at learning how to live because life is so quick and sometimes it goes away too quickly.
::: andy warhol
They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.
::: andy warhol




My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all.
::: john lennon

A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.
::: john lennon



Art is not made for anybody and is, at the same time, for everybody.
::: Piet Mondrian
Every true artist has been inspired more by the beauty of lines and color and the relationships between them than by the concrete subject of the picture.
::: Piet Mondrian


No comments:

Post a Comment